A Child Of God Can Fall From Grace
1. God's grace is conditioned on man's obedience to the Gospel.
The Gospel of Christ is "the power of God unto _______________
to every one that ____________ ..." (Rom. 1:16).
2. Jesus is the "author of eternal salvation unto all them
that _________ him" (Heb. 5:9).
3. God is just, and is no respecter of persons (Rom. 2:11), "Who
will render to every man according to _______ _________"
(Rom. 2:6). "Justice and judgement are the habitation of
thy (God's) throne ..." (Ps. 89:14).
4. God reveals His justice in these words, "But when the
righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth
iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the
wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he
hath done shall not be ____________: in his trespass that he hath
trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall
he ________" (Ezk. 18:24).
5. God's grace is conditioned on man's continuous obedience to
His word. "Behold therefore the goodness and severity of
God: on them which fell, ___________; but toward thee, goodness,
if thou _____________ in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt
be ________ ________" (Rom. 11:22).
6. Jesus specifies that only those who obey God's word will enter
into Heaven. He says, "Not every one that saith unto me,
Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that
_________ the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Mat.
7. Paul wrote to the Galatian CHRISTIANS, "Christ is become
no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law;
ye are ___________ from _________" (Gal. 5:4).
8. James wrote to CHRISTIANS, "Brethren, if any of you do
_______ from the truth, and one convert him; let him know, that
he converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save
a soul from __________ ..." (James 5:19-20).
Conclusion: A child of God, by his free will, can lose the blessing
of salvation by sinning (1 Tim. 1:19; 4:1-2), since God gives
freedom of choice to every man (Ezk. 18:23), and His grace is
conditioned upon one's continuous obedience to His word (Rom.
11:22; Mat. 7:21).