The Work Of The Holy Spirit
In Man's Redemption
1. The Holy Spirit is one of the Persons in the Trinity. The
Great Commission Baptism is to be administrated in "the name
of the __________, and of the _______, and of the ________ ___________"
2. The Holy Spirit is Deity. When Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit,
Peter rebuked him with these words, "... thou hast not lied
unto men, but unto ________" (Acts 5:4).
3. Before Jesus went to the cross, He promised the apostles power
with the coming and ministry of the Holy Spirit. "Howbeit
when he, the ___________ of truth, is come, he will guide you
(the apostles) into _______ ____________ ... and he will show
you things to __________" (John 16:13). Accordingly, the
ministry of the Holy Spirit was to guide the apostles into all
the Truth regarding the Gospel of Christ and men's salvation (Rom.
4. The Holy Bible is the production of inspiration by the Holy
Spirit. "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will
of man: but holy men of God spake as they were __________ by
the ________ ____________" (2 Pet. 1:21).
5. Jesus revealed the work of the Holy Spirit in John 16:8, "And
when he (the Holy Spirit) is come, he will reprove the world of
_______, and of _____________, and of _____________."
6. The Holy Spirit convicts men of sin by the word of God, which
is His only instrument. "... and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the _________ of God" (Eph. 6:17). By preaching
the inspired message of the Holy Spirit, human preachers now convict
sinners to repentance or to rejection (Acts 2:37-38; 7:51-54).
7. The Holy Spirit sanctifies (to set apart) men only through
God's word, but not by any mysterious influence. Christ prayed
to the Father, "Sanctify them through thy __________: thy
________ is truth" (John 17:17).
8. Man's salvation is conditioned upon his obedience to the Gospel
which is "the power of God unto _____________ to every one
that believeth ..." (Rom. 1:16).
Conclusion: The work of the Holy Spirit in men's redemption was
to guide the apostles into all truth and to guard the Bible from
error through the process of inspiration. Men must obey the Gospel
of Christ in order to be saved (Rom. 1:16).