The Worship Of The Church Of Christ
1. Christ says, "God is a _________: and they that worship
him _______ worship him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24).
What is truth? He also says, "... thy (God's) word is truth"
(John 17:17). Therefore, man must worship God with a right spirit
or attitude and according to His word.
2. Men's worship to God can be vain, if they worship Him by their
own innovations. "But in _______ they do worship me (God),
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Mat. 15:9).
3. Christians gather on every first day of the week to worship
God. "And upon the __________ day of the week, when the disciples
came together to break bread ..." (Acts 20:7).
4. Upon every first day of the week, Christians observe the Lord's
supper to commemorate the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus
Christ ( Mat. 26:26-29; 1 Cor. 11:23-31). "And upon the first
day of the week, when the disciples came together to break ________
..." (Acts 20:7).
5. God's word is to be preached when Christians come together
to worship. "And upon the first day of the week, when the
disciples came together to break bread, Paul ____________ unto
them ..." (Acts 20:7).
6. Prayer is an essential element in worship (1 Thess. 5:17).
"And they (Christians) continued steadfastly in the apostles'
doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in ___________"
7. Contribution to the cause or work of the church of Christ is
another essential element in worship. Paul says, "Now concerning
the collection for the saints, as I have given ___________ to
the churches of Galatia, even so ______ ______. Upon the _________
day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God
hath prospered him ..." (1 Cor. 16:1-2).
8. Christians are to sing praises to God in worship (Col. 3:16;
Eph. 5:19). "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in
all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in _______ and
_______ and spiritual songs, ____________ with grace in your hearts
unto the Lord." Christians use only vocal music to worship
Conclusion: We must worship God according to His revealed counsel
and with a sincere attitude (John 4:24). If otherwise, we worship
Him in vain (Mat. 15:8-9).