God's Pattern for The Church Of Christ
1. "There is ______ body, and _______ Spirit, even as ye
are called in ______ hope of your calling; _______ Lord, _______
faith, _______ baptism, _______ God and Father of all ..."
(Eph. 4:4-6). Since God has decreed only one rule of Faith for
N.T. Christianity, every believer must hear and obey this one
and only pattern to please God (Luke 6:46; Gal. 1:6-9).
2. The baptized disciples "continued steadfastly in the __________
__________ ..." (Acts 2:42).
3. "Whosoever ______________, and ___________ _______ in
the doctrine of Christ, hath not ________. He that abideth in
the ____________ of __________, he hath both the Father and the
Son" (2 John 9).
4. Noah built the ark by faith, that is, he heard and obeyed God's
revelation in every thing in building the ark (Heb. 11:7). "Thus
did Noah, according to ______ that God ____________ him, so did
he" (Gen. 6:22).
5. "... as Moses was admonished of God when he was about
to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make _______
__________ according to the _____________ shewed to thee in the
mount" (Heb. 8:5).
6. The church is built upon the teaching of Christ (Mt. 28:18-20;
Eph. 2:20). All things in the realm of religion must be according
to the teaching of Christ. "For other _____________ can no
man lay than that is laid, which is _________ ___________"
(1 Cor. 3:11).
7. If any congregation departs from God's pattern for the church
of Christ, she is in sin and has ceased to be the church of Christ.
"Except the Lord ________ the house, they labor in ________
that build it ..." (Ps. 127:1). Jesus also says, "Every
plant, which my heavenly Father hath not _____________ , shall
be ___________ _______" (Mat. 15:13).
Conclusion: Jesus commanded His apostles to teach men to observe
ALL THINGS whatsoever He had commanded them (Mat.28:19-20). The
commandment to observe "ALL THINGS" has excluded one's
partial obedience to God's word. Therefore, we must completely
observe God's revealed pattern for obedience, worship, organization,
teaching, and work in the church of Christ, in order to please
Him (Mat. 15:8-9, 13).