1. Repentance is essential to salvation. Jesus says, "...
except ye _______, ye shall all likewise ________" (Luke
13:3). "... God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto
______" (Acts 11:18).
2. God decrees all men to repent of their sinful ways. "And
the times of this ignorance God _______ at; but _____ commandeth
all men everywhere to _________: Because he hath appointed a day,
in the which he will _______ the world in righteousness..."
3. God's goodness toward men is to call them to repentance (Rom.
2:4). "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some
men count slackness; but is __________ to usward, not willing
that any should _________, but that all should come to __________"
(2 Peter 3:9).
4. Jesus came to call _________ to repentance (Luke 5:30-31).
5. Repentance is the turning from sin. "... Repent, and ______
yourselves from all your ___________; so iniquity shall not be
your ruin" (Ezekiel 18:30). "Repent therefore of this
__________, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart
may be forgiven thee" (Acts 8:22).
6. Repentance is the turning toward God. "... that they should
repent and turn to ______, and do works meet for ___________"
7. Genuine repentance is manifest in action. "... A certain
man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go
work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not:
but afterward he _______, and ______. And he came to the second,
and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and _______
____. Whether of them twain did the will of his father?"
8. Genuine repentance will produce fruits of repentance, the reformation
of life. "Bring forth therefore _______ meet for _________"
(Mat. 3:8). "...they should repent and turn to God, and ___
_______ meet for ___________" (Acts 26:20).
Conclusion: Repentance is not merely regret, for a criminal might
feel sorrow for the punishment of his crime. Repentance is the
change of one's mind from serving sin and himself to serving God,
and will result in his reformation of life. Repentance is essential
to salvation (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:37-38).